Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Fall Festivals

 
 

Schooling goes on even if the blog does not. I have been trying to spend less time in front of the screen and more in real life. I don't always succeed but I'm trying.
We have been enjoying the fall festivals this year. Above are pictures from our Michaelmas celebration. We made sword napkin holders, I made another dragon candle, and this year we talked Dad into baking us some dragon bread! Then at dinner we read the scripture account of the war in heaven and how Micheal drove Satan (the dragon) out of heaven with his sword of truth. Every night we will light our candle and watch how the flame vanquishes the dragon on the candle as we prepare for Christ's birth by vanquishing Satan from our lives and hearts.
We also made these cute little gnomes for our fall nature table.
Just this week we had our Martinmas dinner, I told the story of Martin with small dolls and then we cut our potato in half and shared it with our neighbor. After dinner we put together homeless packets we keep in the car to give out. We also recited the scripture, "Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in Heaven". The next day we made our lanterns symbolizing shining our light to others during this dark time of year that hopefully we will get to use for the local Waldorf school's lantern walk this week.
What does fall look like at your house?

1 comment:

Lisa Eggs said...

I had a feeling there would be a blog post today, YAY! I love how you guys celebrate all the often forgotten holidays and special days of the year. I love seeing all your traditions. I always say to myself that I'm going to start but I never do. I want to do Chinese New Year this year, I hope I don't let it slip by! That is always one of my favorite blog posts from you. And this is my favorite blog of all time :) I love you guys!!!! Love, Lisa